Question / Help Ps3 & HDCP Stripper - RECentral works, OBS doesn't?

Jaxas

Hi there!

I'm trying to record matches on the Playstation 3 version of Guilty Gear Xrd -Rev2-.
I have an "Avermedia Avercapture HD GL310" which works fine, but of course the PS3 has HDCP copy protection on at all times.
I grabbed a splitter that's known to strip HDCP, and after some testing I found out that I can't record with OBS.

I have the official RECentral (v1.3.0.116.17061201 / Driver V), and I can view and record the game in that.
When I open OBS (Studio v20.0.1) however, it simply gives a black screen like when there is the HDCP issue.

I know the capture card works (I stream my local Smash tournaments every weekend with it), and I would really like this to work with OBS so that I can add Guilty Gear to the streams with overlays and everything.

Basically though, does anyone know how to fix this, and why it would work in the RECentral program but not in OBS?
Also please let me know if you need any other info - thanks!

Jaxas

I've attached one of the logs to this post (it wasn't my most recent log, so the auto-upload wouldn't work).

It appears as though the capture card isn't sending an acceptable resolution, perhaps? It seems strange that I'm able to view it just fine in the other program, however.

Attachments

• 2017-10-02 02-35-44.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 35