Prototype code to show scene name of Preview and Program views in Studio Mode

Currently, Studio mode shows "Preview" above the preview pane, and "Program" above the program pane. I tend to have a bunch of similar scenes, and it would be helpful to me to have the scene names shown as well. This post has code that does this, as shown in the image below.

My prototype requires three small changes to /UI/window-basic-main-transitions.cpp (diff file attached, renamed to make the forum happy)

This cheap-ass prototype glues together translatable strings "StudioMode.Preview" and "StudioMode.Program", adding a colon and the scene name. That works in English, and probably in most European languages, but probably not in RTL languages like Arabic and Hebrew, and I have no idea about Asian languages. A proper implementation would add ": %1" to the translation strings, but involves touching about 59 locale files, which is beyond my capabilities. "StudioMode.Preview" is also used as a title in the Settings dialog, so a new string would be required for Preview. Another option would be to show ONLY the scene name, but "Preview" and "Program" do add utility.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

ShowStudioTitles.png

Attachments

• ShowStudioTitles.diff.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 75

tmimlitch

Thank you John. I'm a newbie here but was just searching for just this feature. I've viewed your attachment and am at a loss as to how to implement this. It would be nice if this feature could be worked into the next update, perhaps as a settings option.

ToM.

I am getting comfortable with the code (at least chunks of it) and the build process.

Next comes getting up to speed on git and OBS developer etiquette, so that I can make submissions without looking like an idiot and/or asshole... The good news is that the OBS developer community seems to be friendlier than some of the Linux exchanges that I have read.