Problems with multiple audio sources

LadyKayleigh03

Hi can anyone help my partner has been live streaming through OBS recently and has now got a game capture card and a professional microphone to stream properly, my problem is that he’s set all the audio up correctly but OBS is only picking up the game audio from the game capture and not the mic, but if he changes the settings it will pick up the mic and not the game audio. Any ideas on how he can get OBS to pick up both audio sources for his stream?

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm don't game, and am a relative newbie at streaming, so hopefully someone else will advise you.
BUT, you need to avoid audio loop. So using external speakers to hear game audio, and a microphone will create a loop. beware. Typical recommendation is to use a headset (so microphone can't 'hear' the other audio signals)
I have no insight into game capture cards, but within OBS, in the sources do you have both game audio and the microphone listed as separate items (assuming not combined in the capture card somehow)? And if both sources listed and enabled, how about the Monitoring/Output setting in Advanced Audio properties?

good luck