Problems setting up MacOS build environment for OBS...

mediawiz

I am building a new audio "source" (audio input) plugin for OBS (for both Windows and Mac). I have however had a great deal of trouble creating build environments for an OBS plugin.

After some time and a great deal of experimentation, I was finally able to create a working OBS build environment on Windows. I was able to build my plugin by copying my source folder into the "plugins" folder within the "ops-studio" source folder, and run the build operation for the entire OBS application.

I have (thus far) not had too much luck creating a MacOS based build environment for OBS. After following the MacOS instructions (https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions#macos-build-directions) for getting all needed source code and dependancies for Mac, and then building it, my current sticking point is the following error:
Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Widgets" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"Qt5Widgets_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"Qt5Widgets" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
been installed.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this on MAcOS ???

NOTE: It is totally beyond me why there isn't some simple install procedure (ie: run this, or type this one line) for creating a minimal OBS plugin build environment. Perhaps someone could create an installer for this? I have worked on/with several other open source software environments (ie: Poco, Juce, ...), and none of them were are hard to setup/use as OBS.