Question / Help Problems Setting up League of Legends Stream

Diego917

I'm new to OBS but I've been looking around and can't find any solution to my problem. The problem is I can't get the damn game to show up, I know I'm supposed to use window capture for the client and game capture for the matches but it won't work. For the client I don't have the option to find it in window capture its not in the drop down menu. For the matches I've put it in borderless but not luck. Also no idea how syphon inject works because it doesn't seem to do anything when I try to use it for game capture.

Healthy Source

Hello, I had the same problem. What I did, because I also saw no other option, is Screen capture (window/screen capture). Now you can transform the screen at "Transform" and then choose the option "Fit in screen". Now you will see your desktop and all that you have on there. So, what I did to make it look professional is using a League of Legends Wallpaper and cleared my desktop. If you can't move your desktop item, then you can sort them by "None" in your desktop settings, instead of having it sort on "date" or "name" for example, so that you can drag and drop your files anywhere. I've made 1 map and putting it in the middle so that it will not be seen by people, because the game menu will cover it. I've hide my down bar menu so that it only opens when my mouse will hit the bottom. The full game screen will take over when you are going into a match.

It is correct that you will see all little screens from OBS, but you won't see that anymore if you are minimizing OBS. Then you will only see the game menu en your wallpaper background.

Now, there is one other problem that I have. My gameplay is lagging when I play the game while streaming on twitch, so I don't know how to fix that part yet. Maybe someone else can help us with that, because you also might find the same problem. The stream is not lagging for the watchers, but my own gameplay is lagging a little bit and I don't know how to solve it yet. Hope this will help you a bit, and I hope someone can help me with that part :-D!

dvardan

Pretty much the bottom line is: don't use window capture as the performance is poor to say the least.

Instead what I did was:

I set up two scenes:
1.) Is a window capture that I use to capture the game client and threw and overlay over it so it looks a tad nicer. I don't mind using window capture on the client at it is not a vital part of the game.

2.) Is a display capture that I switch to upon entering the game. It's obviously a hassle and not the most effiecent but it certainly does the job. Currently macOS doesn't support normal game capture and uses syphoninject which is, let's face it, a pain in the bottom to set up to actually work and function.

A couple things to note:

You can actually monitor the CPU usage in the bottom left corner of OBS. Just look at how much more resources it takes to capture with window capture, rather than display capture.

Also, I recommend you run the game in borderless mode for better performance.

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know.

Narcogen

Just a few additions to the above:

It's not a question really of MacOS currently not supporting normal game capture-- the systems that game capture hooks into on Windows simply don't exist on MacOS, nor will they ever.

SyphonInject, in the past, has functioned as closely to that as anything on MacOS ever will, but only for OpenGL apps. Unfortunately Apple is pivoting to the Metal renderer, and syphon will not work on those apps. Syphon hasn't been updated in years and I don't expect it to be, so I imagine that at some point it will just break completely.

The phrase "currently macOS doesn't support normal game capture" might give some the idea that "normal game capture" could be or is being worked on for the Mac, but my understanding is that this is not the case.