Bug Report Problem with the last update - No AMD hardware encoder detected!

Chaka

Hello, i done the last update today inside OBS itself.
And now it detects only software encoding whereas it was working fine before!!!
What is that???... (all is up to date)
I have a radeon r9 290.

Chaka

I removed the last version and reinstalled it after cleaning registry, same result.
I reinstalled the 20.1.1 version and it works perfect (it ask me if i prefer hardware encoding at beginning). Sorry, but i stay on this one... Your last update is s**t.

Chaka

Even, that's not normal that it is recognized with previous obs version and not the new one!
There's something wrong with your software...

Still thx for the links. :)

Osiris

@Chaka There is nothing wrong with the software, because of AMD's failure to support older driver versions with the AMF encoder (resulting in OBS crashes), it's author decided to blacklist those drivers, which is why you need the newest one.

Chaka

The newest one is not the 18.1.1 for my radeon r9 290. It is well the 17.1.1 (i made several updates, reinstalls etc...)
So it is impossible to use your last version with my graphic card and i choose to stay on the previous OBS version because also i have no choice!

sacekusha

OBS crashes whenever i press start recording with AMD encoder. I have R9 380, tried with everything up to date, and installing previous versions of both obs and amd drivers, clean installs, nothing works with amd hardware encoder, it just crashes whenever i press start recording. x264 works fine but its to demanding for my i3, everything lags like hell.