Question / Help Problem with OBS for iMac

carlcann

Hi , sorry for my english!

I wanna stream on Twitch (Minecraft) with my iMac but stream always buffers.
Please can anyone give me perfect settings for OBS on a iMac?

Thanks a lot!

amsyar ZeRo

@carlcann It all depends on how great is your internet connection,CPU and "bla-bla".You can try using the estimator.
But personally,I use these settings:

Output

Video bitrate:2200(It's best at 2000-2200 for 720p)
Audio bitrate:128
Enable Advanced Encoder Settings(enabled automatically when using Advanced Mode)
Encoder/CPU preset=ultrafast(you can use superfast or veryfast if your CPU can handle it)

Video

Base(Canvas) resolution:1280x720(if you have a monitor bigger than this,use 1920x1080)
Output(Scaled/downscale) resolution:1280x720(720p output,change this to 1920x1080 for 1080p output)
Downscale filter:Bilinear(I use this because I didn't change the Output resolution earlier)
Common FPS values:30(Use 60 if your CPU can handle it)

Kearstin

@carlcann It all depends on how great is your internet connection,CPU and "bla-bla".You can try using the estimator.
But personally,I use these settings:

Output

Video bitrate:2200(It's best at 2000-2200 for 720p)
Audio bitrate:128
Enable Advanced Encoder Settings
(enabled automatically when using Advanced Mode)
Encoder/CPU preset=ultrafast(you can use superfast or veryfast if your CPU can handle it)

Video

Base(Canvas) resolution:1280x720(if you have a monitor bigger than this,use 1920x1080)
Output(Scaled/downscale) resolution:1280x720(720p output,change this to 1920x1080 for 1080p output)
Downscale filter:Bilinear(I use this because I didn't change the Output resolution earlier)
Common FPS values:30(Use 60 if your CPU can handle it)
Can you explain what the audio bitrate does?

amsyar ZeRo

Can you explain what the audio bitrate does?

It determines the quality of your audio.Higher is better.128 is moderate,because when streaming,total bitrate=video bitrate+audio bitrate(because you send video and audio together).So if I stream using the bitrate I set earlier in this post,the total bitrate sent would be 2328,which is below 2500,the recommended maximum bitrate Twitch non-partnered users should use.

Hope this helps!^_^

Last edited:

carlcann

It determines the quality of your audio.More higher is better.128 is moderate,because when streaming,total bitrate consists of video bitrate+audio bitrate(because you send video and audio together).So if I stream using the bitrate i set earlier in this post,the total bitrate send would be 2328,which is below 2500,the recommended maximum bitrate Twitch non-partnered users should use.

Hope this helps!^_^

Hi

THANKS!!

But my streaming continue blocking...

THIS IS MY SPEEDTEST:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5090590944

Kearstin

It determines the quality of your audio.More higher is better.128 is moderate,because when streaming,total bitrate consists of video bitrate+audio bitrate(because you send video and audio together).So if I stream using the bitrate i set earlier in this post,the total bitrate send would be 2328,which is below 2500,the recommended maximum bitrate Twitch non-partnered users should use.

Hope this helps!^_^
Thank you!