Problem with latest versions of OBS and Skype in Big Sur?

ChoPraTs

Hello everybody,

I have been using OBS Virtual Cam and Skype for a year to teach lessons over the Internet.

For some reason that I haven't discovered yet, a few months ago I started experiencing issues with OBS and Skype, causing thousands of frames to be dropped during streaming.

I noticed in macOS Activity Monitor that sometimes the Skype Helper (Renderer) process and sometimes the VTDecoderXPCService process consume too much CPU, more than 150% and this causes the image to freeze and OBS is not able to render all the necessary frames.

Strangely I never had any issues until about a month ago and I also don't have these issues when using other apps like Zoom.

I wondered if it was from a recent Skype or OBS update, but I have reverted to previous versions of both programs and the problem persists.

Any ideas?

ChoPraTs

I've discovered with Activity Monitor that Skype Helper (Renderer) process is using between 160% to 200% CPU when OBS is open, even if the Virtual Cam of OBS is not activated, not transmitting and not selected in Skype. Also the VTDecoderXPCService is reaching 160% of CPU when both apps are open.

When OBS is closed, the CPU used by Skype is reduced to only 46% and the VTDecoderXPCService seems to disappear.

I think it is clear that there is some incompatibility problem with OBS and Skype (maybe also related with Big Sur), but what annoys me is that I have been suffering from these problems only since a few months ago, until now I could work with both programs perfectly.

Suguru

Here same same, I have drop frames when I reproduce videos from OBS and connect my ATEM to zoom. When I start streaming from OBS and reproduce videos from OBS. I have macbook pro2017 and latest big sur. I dont know what is ‍♂️