Question / Help Problem: Livestream dual CPU workstation render lag stutter

Rapturoso

I'm currently experiencing issues with OBS whilst live streaming. Previously ( in past weeks ) I was not having this issue at all but now my stream stutters. This is not only happening with the window captured sources but across the entire rendered OBS frame, including other direct sources such as browser and facecam. This does not show in the preview window all the time and this does not happen all the time. It worsens when I try to play any videos on web pages in Chrome from Twitch, YouTube and Mixer. However, when there is no window capture happening it is absolutely fine. You can see the results of the stutter even more with Destiny 2 death transitions or transitioning to a vendor or faction menu in the social hubs (The traveller, The Farm) and this is worsened by a playing video on the second monitor.

The steps I am taking to mitigate this issue are plentiful. I've tried isolating the game and all OBS processes including the OBS host processes for the plugins to CPU 0 and having everything else on CPU 1 of this Dual Xeon E5 2630 v4 2.2GHz 3.1GHz boost workstation. The reason for this is that I have been told that the interlink between processors may be an issue, I can't imagine why as it is blindingly fast. Memory is not an issue as there is 64GB of 2400MHz DDR4 ECC registered memory running in dual channel mode split evenly across the two processors. Also I have split the processes with Process Lasso to be even more granular by letting the game take 5 cores and OBS take 5 cores of Processor 0. This resulted in massive encoder lag and a day's worth of streaming having to be deleted. I've kept the game and OBS on processor 0 but have just prioritised them instead of also limiting to certain cores, whilst I have things like the Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder 4K and Elgato StreamDeck running on 5 cores of CPU1 and Windows with all the other services and third party stuff like Razer Synapse, running on the remaining 5 cores of CPU1.

I am using x264 for video encoding but I have discovered, even without Process Lasso that the 'Fast' setting is easily achieved to give excellent stream quality when encoding 1080 60P and streaming live. I have tried 'Medium' and this produces slight problems with encoding lag and missed frames. With Process Lasso optimisation I'm sure I could push this to have the encoder working at 'Medium' without dropping a single frame, however, this is not necessary as 'fast' is more than good enough quality and I would rather spend the remaining processor resources on fixing the stutter.

Is there a way of minimising this render lag? It doesn't appear to be encoder lag as OBS renders, encodes and streams just fine most of the time with current settings whilst not watching videos or transitioning between game menus. Do I need to use more fine grained control in Process Lasso to achieve better isolation of processes in Windows and OBS? Anyone who can shed some light on what's going on here who has experience with Xeon dual workstations and OBS live streaming would be welcome to comment.

Things to note:

I cannot use 'Display capture' as rendering the game to 1080P on a 1200P monitor distorts the image and it's unplayable. The viewers will see the correct aspect ratio but I will not.

'Game capture' cannot be used as there is a black screen with games like Destiny 2.

I'm using 60P vertical synchronisation in Destiny 2 to limit the frame rate and save resources for other things.

I use a second monitor to preview the stream in OBS. I have read that previewing the stream within OBS on a single PC configuration degrades render performance and can introduce render lag but I experience the same stuttering regardless. I have tried with preview off and preview on and neither make a difference to the stuttering.

I can worsen the stuttering and introduce encoder lag with Process Lasso but so far I have only managed to satisfy my curiosity with Processor Lasso rather than solve the issues I have by using it to fix this apparent render lag.

Windows has recently updated and so have the nVidia drivers. Some time during these updates the stuttering seems to have worsened. I have removed all traces of drivers and installed new nVidia drivers to no avail.

System specifications:
Windows 10 Professional Edition 64BIT
Asus Z10PE D8 WS
Dual Xeon E2630 v4 2.2GHz 3.1GHz boost 10 core 20 thread
Samsung DDR4 24000MHz ECC Registered 16GB x 4 (dual channel mode)
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder 4K
6G SDI cable
RME Fireface 400
SE Electronics Z3300a studio condenser capsule phantom powered microphone.
Elgato StreamDeck
Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Dual Dell 2407WFP 1920x1200 monitors
SanDisk Ultra 2 960GB SSD

I'll upload a log file soon.

Thanks.