Preview window sometimes freezes when source laptop has too many windows open

panthurrr

I'm using a "LEADNOVO Audio Video Capture Card, HDMI USB3.0 4K 1080P 60fps" card from a secondary laptop to my main desktop so I can work on two computers with one monitor.

When the laptop has too many windows open or maybe too complex of a window open, the preview scene will either freeze or lag in OBS until I remove one of the open windows at which point it will resume as if nothing happened.

Would like to find out how to avoid this freeze or delay and eliminate needing to physically reach for the laptop to fix this.

rockbottom

Log is for the desktop.

Easy answer

Don't open more windows on the laptop than needed. CPU is more than likely maxed out....

panthurrr

Log is for the desktop.

Easy answer

Don't open more windows on the laptop than needed. CPU is more than likely maxed out....

This often happens with two windows opened, both of which are vital to use. The majority of times it does not happen, and nothing changes that would cause this to happen. Which CPU would be maxed out? The laptop never did this when using 3 monitor setups, it only does this exclusively through the capture card.

Last edited: