PRE-FADER recording output?

riccardo74

Hi, I don't know if this features already has been implemented, don't think so.
Is there a chance to record audio in pre-fader mode? not streaming but only in saved file.

I'll try to explain what I want to do. I want to record a videopodcast. This videopodcast now has 2 tracks: number1 for my voice and numerb2 for audio from Windows (music, etc). In the first track I use some filter vst effect (that I only want to stream but not to record in my mkv file). I'll save this video in mkv and then open into Reaper to extract all two separate tracks, so number1 and number2. In Reaper the number1 track (my voice) will have filter applied and wont be a pure voice, but processed voice. Here come the feature to record in prefarder mode, without effect applied only in the saved file, not in streaming.

Now I found a workaround creating a number3 track with my voice but without effect (asio input but without filter effect), so in Reaper I have:
1 track - voice with effect
2 track - pc sound/music
3 track - voice w/o effect (this voice won't be streamed but only save in mkv).

Having the voice without effect let you editing better with VST inside Reaper (some of theme infact don't work in OBS, another advantage).

Do you think this feature could be interesting? or have you got any other solution?