please help me

hbjklonlj

ITs been my dream to become a minecraft youtuber but my pc is very bad and slow. I begged my dad for a good pc but he wont listen. Ive seen at least 100 videos no kidding on how to record minecragft videos on a bad pc none of them helped at all. I tried all that ultra fast cpu and 264x encoder or whatever and changed my bitrate but still nothing has helped me. please im begging u to give me some good settings ive even tried other recorders like bandicam n stuff but it still doesnt work i even tried other small size ones please help me i dont know how to attach log file n stuff but here r my specs ill reallyl be happy if u help me i always wanted to record mc videos i dont care if its a lil blurry or not high quality i just want to record basic videos sorry for the bad engliush im 12 and indian my specs:
Pentium
4 Gb ram
Kind of integrated i dont remember the name but its a little better than integrated
PLS HELP THANKS

Fitey

I wasn't able to do it with a Pentium J2900 on super low settings for OBS and Minecraft so I doubt you'll be able to do anything

I was in a similar situation a few years ago at 12 lmao, I got good grades consistently and constantly asked my parents and they eventually let me build my own PC after years of waiting

hbjklonlj

I wasn't able to do it with a Pentium J2900 on super low settings for OBS and Minecraft so I doubt you'll be able to do anything

I was in a similar situation a few years ago at 12 lmao, I got good grades consistently and constantly asked my parents and they eventually let me build my own PC after years of waiting
damn

koala

Post a log with your attempts, so we see what hardware you actually have. There is a sticky thread in the forum that explains posting the log.
About settings, try to use the smallest and lowest settings possible and see if this is working. If this is working, you can increase the settings until it isn't working, so you found the best settings for you that still work.
So do this:
Do Profile->New and create a new profile with generic settings.
Switch to simple output mode: settings->output->Output mode->simple
Set Settings->output->Recording->Recording Quality->high quality medium file size
set Settings->output->Recording->Encoder->Hardware (QSV). If QSV is not available, set to "Software (x264 low CPU preset, increases file size)"
Set Settings->Video->Base (Canvas) resolution and Output (Scaled) resolution both to 426x240
Set FPS to 15

This is very downscaled, but might perhaps give you a video that's not a choppy slideshow. Most of the small videos you share over Whatsapp are made with a resolution and fps like that.

An alternative would be some kind of social engineering. Don't ask your father for a new computer. Instead, persuade your father he needs a new computer. Convince him his computer is too slow and there are so nice new computers out there, so he should buy one for himself. If you're lucky, you might inherit his old one. Worked for me twice over the years, when I was young.

Last edited:

hbjklonlj

Post a log with your attempts, so we see what hardware you actually have. There is a sticky thread in the forum that explains posting the log.
About settings, try to use the smallest and lowest settings possible and see if this is working. If this is working, you can increase the settings until it isn't working, so you found the best settings for you that still work.
So do this:
Set Settings->output->Recording->Recording Quality->high quality medium file size
set Settings->output->Recording->Encoder->Hardware (QSV). If QSV is not available, set to "Software (x264 low CPU preset, increases file size)"
Set Settings->Video->Base (Canvas) resolution and Output (Scaled) resolution both to 426x240
Set FPS to 15

This is very downscaled, but might perhaps give you a video that's not a choppy slideshow. Most of the small videos you share over Whatsapp are made with a resolution and fps like that.

An alternative would be some kind of social engineering. Don't ask your father for a new computer. Instead, persuade your father he needs a new computer. Convince him his computer is too slow and there are so nice new computers out there, so he should buy one for himself. If you're lucky, you might inherit his old one. Worked for me twice over the years, when I was young.
he did infact buy quite a fast laptop but he wont let me download games on it

hbjklonlj

So do this:
Set FPS to 15

i tried those settings but the video is relly blurry

hbjklonlj

So do this:
Set FPS to 15

koala

This machine isn't too bad. It's not a supercomputer, but it's ok.I thought you were talking about something much lower, but your machine is usable.
You can use sensible fps and resolution. Use Tools->Auto Configuration wizard in OBS. You're probably fine with an output resolution of 1280x720. If the wizard offers nvenc, choose nvenc as encoder.
In your game, activate vsync and limit the fps to 60 to not overload your graphics card.

hbjklonlj

This machine isn't too bad. It's not a supercomputer, but it's ok.I thought you were talking about something much lower, but your machine is usable.
You can use sensible fps and resolution. Use Tools->Auto Configuration wizard in OBS. You're probably fine with an output resolution of 1280x720. If the wizard offers nvenc, choose nvenc as encoder.
In your game, activate vsync and limit the fps to 60 to not overload your graphics card.
thanks dude

qhobbes

1. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. Update your Windows 10 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers (read this)
4. Try turning off Windows Game DVR when streaming. Leave Game Mode on.

hbjklonlj

this helped a lot dude ive been researcgubg for a whole month it really works i love you dude