Question / Help Please help! Can not fix the lag!

WhippetGood

Hey everyone, I am having a TERRIBLE time with OBS right now. I am attempting to stream/record and can not seem to do so without a sever lag. My internet speeds are a solid 100mbs/15mbs and my computer is a brand new 27 inch iMac, 8ghz ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2gb graphics card, 4ghz i7. That being said, I know my internet and computer are not the problem! I have gone through and played with settings from both output and video, attempting to change my bitrate, rescaling, CPU usage, and FPS and Downscale filter. Can someone who is not having problems please either show what their settings look like or help me figure out what I am missing here? Thank you!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Can you be more specific by about what you mean by "lag"? Do you mean high ping/latency in-game?

WhippetGood

When I say "lag" it appears to be lost frames. The quality of the video is okay, but it is very "jumpy" if you will.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Does it only appear this way in the stream? Are you streaming or only recording? Can you post your log?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Make sure your framerate is 30 and the x264 preset is veryfast, and see if that helps at all.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The log doesn't seem to show poor performance...Can you post a video example of what's going wrong?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Ah, that explains it. You're using Window capture on a capture card. Use display capture instead and crop to the window, Window capture has pretty bad performance.