Please add better export properities (bitrate etc.)

harrynecek

Hello,

I was very pleased with your software.

But since some newer version there is only a few export choices (made for very dumb users - only "lossless - vast files", "big files" and "medium files").

When I use "big files" settings it produces very tiny file (~10s MB for a 3m0s video) with a very bad quality full of artifacts. Lossless option is far too big on the other hand and AVI codec is not working with some editing software (Avid).

I really beg you add an option for more specific export propereties. I really miss it. Some professional codec like XDCAM, DNxHD or PRORES would be nice too... but I am ok with h264 as long as it will have at least constant bitrate option.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Schrammo

Hey,

if I'm not wrong you got all of that by going to Settings > Output > Set Output Mode to Advanced > Recording > Set Type to Custom Output (FFmpeg) > Choose a container (matroska for example) > set Bitrate > Choose your favorite Video Encoder > ????? > Profit

Let us know if that's what you meant :)

harrynecek

pickardheader.png

That is what I've been loking for literally the whole day. I have no idea why I missed it. It is probably because it looks "disconected" from the other content and the translation to my language is a bit awkward.

Are you thinking about adding some codecs without GOP like that DNxHD?

Thank you so much and sorry for bothering you.