Pixelisation in dark area (video games)

falheim

Greetings,
Im using OBS Studio and it's really wonderful, I have a very good video quality while recording my playthrough on video games. But I observed that in some games with dark areas, it can "pixelisate" (Sorry for my bad english). For example, in the video game Terminator Resistance, which is pretty dark, I have overall good quality (the ground, the weapons, the enemies, the textures etc.) everything's perfect, but when I look up to the sky, which is pretty dark/grey, it has a bad render in video. Look at these pictures :

Screenshot taken while in-game, like I can see it :
Screenshot taken from the recorded video :

We can clearly see that, in the second picture, there is a "halo" of pixelisation in the sky, while it's not so pronounced in the first one.

Just in case, here are my options, Im recording in 1080p/60fps
H264 Encoder
CRF (set to 15) Very Fast.

I have tried other encoder and rate control (like CQP etc.) but it's the same so im not sure it's the issue. Maybe there's just games "too dark" and that a captured video can't be perfect. What do you think ?

Regards.

falheim

Thank you for your answer, I'll try as soon as I can :)
But my game don't look washed out, nor too dark, it just looks pixelated in dark areas of the game. So Im not sure that's exactly my issue. I'll try anyway.

Last edited: