Pixelated Video with RTX2070Super New Nvenc at Highest Quality....why????

Vingji

Hello.
I have a problem where my recorded videos come out pixelated or blury although i use almost max settings, i have tried x264 and New Nvenc and nothing helps, i have even tried 4k 130mbps and still the videos come very low quality, can someone please help.

PC Spec:
AMD R5 3600
RTX 2070 Super
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
Asrock B450 Pro4
PSU EVGA 850w G3 80+ Gold

i Have tried different combinations in the screen shared below nothing works, CBR at 80mbps does worse then my current setup, so i don't know what to do now.
Someone suggested that some Turing cores on my RTX might be faulty but the same thing happens when i record with x264 with my CPU, and unfortunately i can't go over Medium preset with my CPU.

Thnx in advance.

ps. i don't think you need a log since i am not getting any errors or something else???!!!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 65

koala

Of course we need a log, because you have an issue, and this issue may manifest itself in the log.
Error messages are not the only thing recorded in the log. The app behavior is recorded as well, so the information in it is vital. It's also written in the log which settings are actually being used, not the settings you assume are being used. Quite some people said they configured something and even showed screenshots, but in the log you see it isn't configured.

To see yourself, paste or link the log into the log analyzer: https://obsproject.com/tools/analyzer

koala

You really use CQP 14 with an output resolution of 1920x1080@60. No way this is pixelated or blurry. CQP 14 is indistinguishable for the human eye from the original. You're speaking of something else. Could you post a screenshot of a played back video where the issue can be seen? And for comparison a screenshot of the same image from your original source?

Vingji

You really use CQP 14 with an output resolution of 1920x1080@60. No way this is pixelated or blurry. CQP 14 is indistinguishable for the human eye from the original. You're speaking of something else. Could you post a screenshot of a played back video where the issue can be seen? And for comparison a screenshot of the same image from your original source?

Here is the latest video i did if you notice when the image is slow or stationary all is crisp as soon as the image start moving it goes to h....lll

koala

This is a Youtube video. Youtube recodes everything to low constant bitrate suitable for streaming. You need to check and compare the original recording on your local disk. Not an upload mangled by the Youtube recoding. If you judge the Youtube video quality, you judge the recoding by Youtube, not what OBS originally created. If you check your local file with vlc, you will find your local recording is flawless.

About the Youtube recoding: there is not much you can do about.

What kills your video quality within Youtube is the road. The asphalt. It has very high constantly changing contrast/detail, similar to noise while you race, and the encoding process for constant bitrate is extremely bad with noise due to the randomness. Randomness cannot be compressed. This effect is described in this video where he uses snow simulation instead of noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Rp-uo6HmI
If you have some game setting where you can smooth the asphalt a bit, perhaps a different road texture, this would help tremendously.

Last edited:

Vingji

This is a Youtube video. Youtube recodes everything to low constant bitrate suitable for streaming. You need to check and compare the original recording on your local disk. Not an upload mangled by the Youtube recoding. If you judge the Youtube video quality, you judge the recoding by Youtube, not what OBS originally created. If you check your local file with vlc, you will find your local recording is flawless.

About the Youtube recoding: there is not much you can do about.

What kills your video quality within Youtube is the road. The asphalt. It has very high constantly changing contrast/detail, similar to noise while you race, and the encoding process for constant bitrate is extremely bad with noise due to the randomness. Randomness cannot be compressed. This effect is described in this video where he uses snow simulation instead of noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Rp-uo6HmI
If you have some game setting where you can smooth the asphalt a bit, perhaps a different road texture, this would help tremendously.

no bro i know, but it's the same on the local video, obviously it's a bit better, but you can see on youtube videos recorded with an external Elgato at 1080p 60mbps are much much better then my 4k 130mbps the max the GPU allos and the problem is not only with this game is in every game i make

My current video quality almost the same as i did when i recorded with previous build i4770 and RX 580 4GB i recorded with AMD encoder at 30-40mbps and they are almost the same the ones i do now with New Nvenc from 80-130mbps the videos come very big 1-2GB per minute so that's why is strange so big files and the quality is almost the same and on YOUTUBE, well you see is trash.