Picture freezing during recording

JaimeGin

Hey guys. So this is actually about the recording program OBS. I was hoping that any of you gamers have any experience with this program alongside ATS. I have been able to get the program to work for the most part. Now, I do have a laptop that is at least 5 years old. All programs are up to date, but it is still older. The graphics are intergrated so I cannot change them and until I can get a new computer I am stuck with the one I have. So comments like "get a new computer" are not going to be useful.
Ok, so, while recording and playing the frame rate is only a little off. It really isnt that bad. For someone starting off it is passable. The problem is while playing I get image freezes where the screen stops recording and at the bottom left a black section pops up and I get interstate icons showing up. Like (Arrow South) I 25 Los Cruses, (Arrow East) I 40 Sante Fe, I 40 West Gallup. When I enter the menu and return to the game it fixes it but only for a short while before it returns again. I have tried setting the affinity to specifically focus on OBS it seemed to help a little but I am at a loss for what I can do. I could use a suggestion on a new technique or something. I changed the settings in OBS according to a youtuber recomendation for lower end computers and it got it to work as well as it is working. Thank you ahead of time for any ideas you might be able to offer.
That is the most recent log file I have

Attachments

• 2020-07-28 05-32-04.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 12

koala

You should probably make this icons appearing stop by stopping the corresponding app. Actually, if your computer isn't that powerful, stop all apps and leave only the app you intend to record.

JaimeGin

The icons are from the game, American Truck Simulator. I try to shut down everything that I can think of that is not needed to run the computer itself or the game and recording program.

BluePeer

sounds for me like a wrong scene setup

05:32:08.825: Loaded scenes:
05:32:08.825: - scene 'Scene':
05:32:08.825: - source: 'Audio Input Capture' (wasapi_input_capture)
05:32:08.825: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)
05:32:08.825: - source: 'ATS' (game_capture)

the Game Capture is infront of the ATS
If this records nothing its Transparent and you see the ATS
if game capture found something it will display and you not more see ATS
Sounds for me you trieds first setup Game capture but this not worked
and then added ATS that works or other direction
the notworking game capture found sometimes a recordable stuff like the arrow you writen then it overlaps the ATS
Try remove the wrong this will fix the issue with a 60/40 chance