Permission to use the libobs or part of it for my own open source project?

Ultraporing

Hello everyone,
I would like to create a standalone Host <-> Multi Client software to play hot-seat / local only games with others over the internet.
The project was always in the back of my mind and kept looking for some libraries to skip all the boilerplate or better showcase on how to stream Video, Audio and Inputs.
This took me to the OBS project, I've used OBS in the past and like it. But I would only need a small part of the whole and trying to write plugins to realize this and requiring the full OBS Studio isn't really lightweight and overkill.

That's why I would like to ask if I can use lib or parts of it to speed up development without me having to write everything again?
The project would be open source and non profit :)

Kind regards

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You're always allowed to use the code or parts of our code under the terms of our software license, GPL2+. To prevent confusion for users, please don't use our software's name/acronym/logo as part of your software's name/acronym/logo though.

Ultraporing

You're always allowed to use the code or parts of our code under the terms of our software license, GPL2+. To prevent confusion for users, please don't use our software's name/acronym/logo as part of your software's name/acronym/logo though.
Thanks. I asked to be safe, since tbh I can't make heads or tails of all the different licenses and sub types and differences regardless of how often I read them :).