PC Requirement question

PerformLAB

First and foremost, Hi!

New here on the forum, and I am starting on the wrong foot posting in the wrong section (I don't have the required requirements to post a new thread in the right one)

I have been streaming to twitch for a while, and have been having slight PC issues while doing it (Underpowered PC), now, my question is, I have an workstation laying at home doing nothing whatsoever, and was wondering if the specs made any sense to use as a dedicated streaming PC. Here are the specs in it:

-PowerEdge T320 Dell workstation server
-Fresh windows 10 install
-SSD
-32Gb DDR3 (1600)
- Intel Xeon E5-2407 v2 2.40GHz, 10M Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, No Turbo, 4C
-Elgato HD60s

I also have a few older (650ti's and such) GPU's laying around, and could easily throw one in there.

I am looking to be able to stream at LEAST 720@60, but ideally 900@60 or 1080@48ish

Would those specs be reasonable to get those results or is it a waste of time for me to install Win 10 and a GPU in there?

Service Tag for the workstation is CLZDR22 (dell CANADA)

Thank you very much for any help.

FerretBomb

Strongly advise an nVidia GPU with NVENC, which will handle nearly all of the 'heavy lifting'. That CPU is older and fairly slow. It would be able to handle 720p60 with a hardware GPU added, but it's uncertain what encoding preset (slower is better quality but more CPU-intensive) it would be able to do it at.

If you have a gaming machine with a modern nVidia GPU already, there's very little point in having a 2PC setup at this point; it just adds significant complexity to a given setup. Turing NVENC (on the 1650 Super, all 1660s, all 20-series, all 30-series) scores equivalent to x264 Slow on VMAF, which is extremely good.

PerformLAB

Strongly advise an nVidia GPU with NVENC, which will handle nearly all of the 'heavy lifting'. That CPU is older and fairly slow. It would be able to handle 720p60 with a hardware GPU added, but it's uncertain what encoding preset (slower is better quality but more CPU-intensive) it would be able to do it at.

If you have a gaming machine with a modern nVidia GPU already, there's very little point in having a 2PC setup at this point; it just adds significant complexity to a given setup. Turing NVENC (on the 1650 Super, all 1660s, all 20-series, all 30-series) scores equivalent to x264 Slow on VMAF, which is extremely good.

Thank you very much for your response.