PC Keeps restarting on OBS Crash

Growthor

I've been getting reboots once or twice every now and then, so I looked for a solution online and I found out it was possible to disable automatic restarts on program's crashes.
Now my notebook isn't rebooting, but I'm getting crashes more often. I don't know if that is related.

I posted a crash report, can you guys give me some leads?

Edit: I just got another crash just by opening OBS, I'm including this last one as well.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-12-30 15-41-19.txt
    150 KB · Views: 75
  • Crash 2021-12-30 15-47-16.txt
    150 KB · Views: 24

koala

If you PC ever reboots due to some crash, this is a sign of a hardware failure. Check for overheating, defective RAM and sufficient power supply.

shansmi

You have an OBS Plug-in crashing. Are you running any VST Plugins? Maybe try turning them all off and see what happens. I am not sure if the normal filters are considered plugins but start by disabling the VSTs first. Then maybe disabling the others if it continues to crash.

Unhandled exception: c000001d
Date/Time: 2021-12-30, 15:41:18
Fault address: 7FFF38A88883 (c:\program files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\libcef.dll)
libobs version: 27.1.3 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 19044 (release: 2009; revision: 1415; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Growthor

If you PC ever reboots due to some crash, this is a sign of a hardware failure. Check for overheating, defective RAM and sufficient power supply.

I was afraid that could be a problem, but it only seems to happen with OBS.
I was monitoring the temperature, and it doesn't seem to be overheating, I've got a brand new ram set from Crucial, now the power supply... I don't know.
I'm using a MSI notebook (GE62VR 6RF). This is just for streaming; the games are being captured on consoles.
I had 12 hours stream without problems as well.

Is there some software that can help me analyze this better?

You have an OBS Plug-in crashing. Are you running any VST Plugins? Maybe try turning them all off and see what happens. I am not sure if the normal filters are considered plugins but start by disabling the VSTs first. Then maybe disabling the others if it continues to crash.

Unhandled exception: c000001d
Date/Time: 2021-12-30, 15:41:18
Fault address: 7FFF38A88883 (c:\program files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\libcef.dll)
libobs version: 27.1.3 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 19044 (release: 2009; revision: 1415; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

I do have, I disabled them after I figured out I could simply use it directly on my mic.
They were greyed out, now I removed everything on the OBS side.

Does the LUT on my camera counts as well? I don't think I have move filters other than these.

shansmi

I was afraid that could be a problem, but it only seems to happen with OBS.
I was monitoring the temperature, and it doesn't seem to be overheating, I've got a brand new ram set from Crucial, now the power supply... I don't know.
I'm using a MSI notebook (GE62VR 6RF). This is just for streaming; the games are being captured on consoles.
I had 12 hours stream without problems as well.

Is there some software that can help me analyze this better?

I do have, I disabled them after I figured out I could simply use it directly on my mic.
They were greyed out, now I removed everything on the OBS side.

Does the LUT on my camera counts as well? I don't think I have move filters other than these.

Not sure on the video sire as I do not run anything there. Unless you have allot of tweaks, I would go through what you have tweaked and take screenshots or screen snips (snipping tool). After that exit OBS and go to the appdata directory. This is a hidden dir. Once in appdata go into roaming and rename the "obs-studio" directory to "obs-studio-old".

The full path is "C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio"

Relaunch OBS. This basically resets the app back to default. Now you can add things back slowly until the issue re-appears.