Question / Help Pause sound files with hotkey (and maybe scene exit)?

obsgyn

I know better media control is intended as OBS MP evolves, but it seems like the ability to pause a sound file (mp3, wav, etc) with a hotkey might already be there and I'm just not finding it. So, I'm just posting to ask how to do this, if it *is* possible at this time.

What I'd like to do is:

1) Stop sound files from playing in current scene.

2) Have looping sound files resume from the point that they were last paused (whether paused manually or paused due to switching scene). Possibly even be able to have the same audio file across two or more scenes and have it pause in scenes that don't have the resource and resume in scenes that do. For example, Scene 1 and Scene 3 have the looping sound file. When I go from Scene 1 to Scene 2 - stop playing it and pause it. When I go from Scene 2 to Scene 3, resume playing that file from the point we left off in Scene 1.

I know you can setup a hotkey to *mute* a sound file, but ideally, the file would not continue playing (using resources, even if not playing audio out) when I mute it or leave a scene that has it. (Speaking of which, when you have a looping audio file in Scene 1 and go into Scene 2 -- it seems that the file keeps playing "in the background".. is that the case? So a big looping MP3 will continue to use resources as if it was playing forever?)

Thanks and regards!