Pan/Crop control via Joystick

EB123

I would like to find a way to zoom and pan around stationary 4k camera footage with 1080 or 720 output resolution using a USB joystick in realtime. This would create the feeling that a stationary camera is being operated using a pan/tilt head with a zoom control on the camera.. it would be good if 2 buttons on the joystick controlled crop in/out, this would mimic zoom in/out and then moving the joystick left/right and forward/back could correspond to panning left/right and up/down around the image..

if you are using studio mode it would also be good if there was a way to shift the joystick control between preview and program windows.. so while joystick control is with the program window you are panning around the image that is being streamed, then you could select a hotkey to switch the joystick control to the preview window to setup the framing on your next shot.. when you transition that next shot to the program window it should transition the joystick control also to continue pan/crop back on the streaming image.

not sure how hard this sort of feature would be to implement ? it seems like it might be difficult but it would be powerful functionality to have.. it could be used at live events with 3 or 4 stationary cameras and just one operator using OBS could make a stream look like all the cameras were being operated live..

EB123

thanks for the link.. i noticed not too many people have shown interest in that feature so far, hopefully it gets considered.. its something that i think could open creative ideas for more people once they know its available..

aralokimar

I know this probably sounds really basic, but for just panning I found that clicking the image or in my case capture card and moving it with my movement arrows I can create a convincing pan, it is a bit slow and I haven't found a way to control the speed yet, but it is better then nothing.