overlay issue/obs disconnecting

fanboyhouyi

Hello i am an osu streamer and i recently wanted to use an overlay to stream but when i do it causes obs to disconnect which stops my stream and im not smart witht these type of things so i came here for help

FerretBomb

Post a logfile from a livestreaming session where the disconnect issue occurred, and we'll be able to tell more and give recommendations.
Using an overlay would not cause a disconnect though. Chances are VERY good it's simply your connection. If you're streaming over wifi, never do that. Use a network cable.

fanboyhouyi

Post a logfile from a livestreaming session where the disconnect issue occurred, and we'll be able to tell more and give recommendations.
Using an overlay would not cause a disconnect though. Chances are VERY good it's simply your connection. If you're streaming over wifi, never do that. Use a network cable.

Attachments

• 2020-09-12 22-51-18.txt
    133.4 KB · Views: 6

fanboyhouyi

are you sure it could be the connection cause i think my wifi is very good but its just when i put an overlay that it'll disconnect

FerretBomb

03:42:42.182: User switched to scene 'End Stream'
03:44:51.635: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] User stopped the stream
Looks like that session, you ended the stream manually, not a connection drop.

22:56:51.522: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-dfw.twitch.tv/app...
22:56:51.559: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz (802.11, 866 mbps)
22:56:52.261: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-dfw.twitch.tv/app successful
DO NOT stream over wifi. It's meant for lightweight content consumption on mobile devices, NOT for high-throughput constant rate transfers like streaming. It is NOT a replacement for a network cable, and is 100% the most common source of network problems while streaming. Don't do it. Get a cable.

fanboyhouyi

Looks like that session, you ended the stream manually, not a connection drop.

DO NOT stream over wifi. It's meant for lightweight content consumption on mobile devices, NOT for high-throughput constant rate transfers like streaming. It is NOT a replacement for a network cable, and is 100% the most common source of network problems while streaming. Don't do it. Get a cable.
ahhh okay thanks for helping i appreciate it so much