Question / Help Output OBS to Zoom - Can't get Audio

Rohnsman

Using the OBS Virtual Camera Plugin, I was able to get OBS to come in as a "Second Camera" to Zoom, which is what I intend to use to send my session to my viewers. This works quite well and I'm able to tap all the power of OBS to do more than Zoom alone can do. But.... While my video sources all come in nicely from OBS to Zoom, none of my audio comes through. If you've used OBS to create content for broadcasting out using Zoom and figured out how to get the audio to output too... please enlighten me. I'm "all ears." Thanks!!

Hi,

Did you try this guide ? I found it in many posts here:

It helped me to get audio going, but now I have issues with the quality of the sound, which I'm now looking at. I hope it helps.

FerretBomb

The obs-virtualcam plugin does not provide audio. As musicalsam said, you can just have it capture all computer audio. If you want greater control, you'll need to use either VBAudio VAC, or Voicemeeter to capture and route the audio as you like.

The obs-virtualcam plugin does not provide audio. As musicalsam said, you can just have it capture all computer audio. If you want greater control, you'll need to use either VBAudio VAC, or Voicemeeter to capture and route the audio as you like.

I just tested this and found out that on the advanced settings of zoom I can share only the desktop audio which fixed the audio delay I was having using virtual audio cables, but I still hear a robotic sound all the time, even when I'm not talking. I have played with all the obs audio filters with no success. The only way the noise disappears is by muting the microphone.

Don't know if this is of importance but the audio and video that comes into obs comes from a vlc streaming from a remote computer over the internet into obs using a vlc source. Opening that stream on the obs computer with vlc works fine, the audio sounds ok, its just when it goes through obs and then into zoom.

And to complicate things a little bit more, I'm remotely connecting to the computer at work that has obs using anydesk, so I cannot test how is obs sound working on that computer, only through the zoom session. But as I said, the audio works fine when connecting to the vlc stream on the obs computer with vlc, so this last part does not seem to be the issue.

Another thing about the audio setup, the machine were obs is running on does not have an internal/integrated sound card, it uses an external usb2 soundcard so I'm thinking usb bus bandwidth issues maybe ?

Another thing about the audio setup, the machine were obs is running on does not have an internal/integrated sound card, it uses an external usb2 soundcard so I'm thinking usb bus bandwidth issues maybe ?

Giving a second thought to this I don't think this is the case as if it was then the sound on vlc would not work ok either right ? unless obs needs more usb badwidth than vlc...

jaygeeford

Hi all. Similar issue here except I'm not sure where the audio from my Media Source (which is a video) is going. The audio is there, I can see the meter moving but It's not playing through my desktop. So I the desktop audio isn't an option.

Lyle H

Hi,

Did you try this guide ? I found it in many posts here:

It helped me to get audio going, but now I have issues with the quality of the sound, which I'm now looking at. I hope it helps.
Did you get this issue solved? I have a meeting coming up that I want to obs for the zoom meeting. I have tested the connection and the video and sources work for all but the audio.....what can I do?

Rob Davies

Did you get this issue solved? I have a meeting coming up that I want to obs for the zoom meeting. I have tested the connection and the video and sources work for all but the audio.....what can I do?

Hi there,

did anyone find a resolution? I swear at one point I had audio going to zoom from media sources, but not anymore. Getting visual fine, just no audio even though it is working in OBS. Advanced audio properties are set to monitor and output, still no joy? Thank you.