Question / Help Output Audio to laptop

Roy McElmurry

Hello there, I am having a lot of trouble getting OBS to capture sound to my twitch stream while also playing the stream sound locally on my laptop. I am capturing gamecube output via USB into my mac. My ultimate goal is to stream to twitch and then also use projector mode to mirror the stream in near realtime at my event.

I am using a Macbook Air with OSX El Capitan. Now I have read a lot of stuff about installing soundflower and using a mult-output device via the Audio MIDI Setup app, however, even after installing Soundflower 2.02b and verifying that it functions on my system (by capturing itunes audio in quicktime while having it play on my laptop) I have still been unable to get this configured correctly. I have also verified that the stream to twitch is capturing the gamecube audio because it plays when I view my stream on twitch.

This all tells me that OBS is getting the audio input and soundflower is working, yet I am missing something. Any help would be much appreciated as I am running a charitable event with live streaming in two weeks. I am happy to gather any additional data that is needed about my setup.