Question / Help OS update or hardware issue?

plzhalp

Several months ago, after much adversity, I was able to get a Blackmagic Device via Thunderbolt to broadcast thru OBS on my MacBook thanks to help from this community.

It's been a few months since I last streamed and I went to fire up OBS tonight and had no picture. In the settings of the "Blackmagic Capture" in OBS, the 'Device' and 'Mode' fields are in red and the drop downs are blank (see photo). All the connections, cables and settings on my camera (a JVC GY-HM 100) have been in tact since last use. It appears my mid-2012 MacBook Pro does not recognize the Blackmagic box

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.28.20 PM.png

But.....two (major?) things have happened since the last time I streamed -- I assume one is the culprit but not sure which one in particular.

1) The hard drive failed and was replaced at an Apple Authorized Service Provider last week.
2) OS updated from High Sierra to Mojave 10.14

I did a Google search and reset/rebooted the NVRAM or PRAM -- although, to be honest, not sure what either truly are. For what it's worth, even the Blackmagic Design app doesn't recognize any Thunderbolt inputs.

Any ideas on how to get the machine to recognize the Blackmagic box or manipulate the Thunderbolt port?

Harold

I had the exact same thing happen to me on my decklink duo2 this week on ubuntu. It's an odd thing sometimes having it happen to you.