Option to prevent some scenes being shown in program

EB123

it would be good to be able to restrict some scenes from being shown in program but still allow them to be seen in multiview... this way certain scenes can be information display without the risk of accidentally being sent to stream or recording..

upgradeQ

There is a Lua script which does something similar
Description: """
This script provides a filter that hides its applied source from the program.
This will be useful if you want to display something on the preview but not on the program.

This filter will do these things.
- Overwrite rendering function so that nothing will be rendered if it is active.</li>
- Hide an associated scene item.

Info: If you enable "Duplicate Scene" on the transition settings,
the source will be hidden from the program but still shown on the preview.

Known issue: If there are two or more scene-items showing the same source,
this filter cannot change the visibilities of all the scene-items.
"""
From the description it seems that you need to apply to each scene item there is on the scene, I did not test it, but maybe you can attach a filter to the scene itself.

EB123

thanks for mentioning... i just tried this script... its kinda the right idea but doesnt do a great job.. you apply it to a scene and then make a duplicate of that scene, then the duplicate shows in multiview but not program.. problem is you can still click on the scene and it sends a blank screen to program.. ideally what is in program shouldnt change and if you click the scene it just does nothing.. the multiview window goes blank also so you loose the view of your sources and ultimately you are back to the same situation where you need to be careful not to click the wrong thing..

IMO this feature would be good enough if you could just "lock" specific multiview windows to prevent accidental clicks.. it doesnt need to be an under the hood function just ui prevent clicking... maybe i'll mention it in durchblick plugin discussion.. i think it could be done that way also..