OpenGL -> Syphon -> OBS : Geometry doesn't show, but clear does

Justin May

Greetings everyone. I've been looking at using Syphon to pipe in dynamic OpenGL-based content, and I've run into a peculiar issue. Reading multiple sources, I guess this isn't an uncommon thing with OpenGL, but I'm having a hard time working out the logic on this one, and while it likely lies with OSX/OpenGL/Syphon, I thought I'd check here in case the issue is coming from the other direction.

I've got a basic rendering loop: a clearColor and clear; and a big ol' triangle. Syphon'd to OBS, the clearColor shows, but the triangle doesn't. However, if I mirror the openglcontext back, the triangle did render. Two possibilities I can think of are that:

1. The triangle is just outside of the dimensions syphon is transmitting, in which case I'll eventually figure out where it's hiding
2. Something about the color space and format settings in OBS require a certain pixelformat be used with the context sent to Syphon (in some way that I don't understand since the clearColor shows).

Are there any requirements from OBS perspective on the configuration of openglcontexts when piped through Syphon?