Question / Help Only recording track 1

Kyle jackson

Hi guys

Firstly, I have searched the forums and couldn't find my problem anywhere.

So here's the basics, last week I discovered obs Mp, using vac I started doing my recordings with multiple audio tracks, worked beautifully.
But, my pc was being sluggish and I had some registry issues I didn't want to waste time on and I wanted to put my SSD back in my system.
Having done so and reloaded windows, I set everything up like before but for some reason, obs is only recording track 1.
In the mixer, it doesn't matter what settings I choose, in audio settings and record settings, it doesn't matter what I choose, obs is literally only recording track 1.
Recording in mp4, tried various bit rates, doing record only (no stream ) but tried altering stream settings also.

So with my anger and curiosity I decided to look at the obs profile settings folder, found a configuration file called basic. Opened it and in it there's a section of code that's something like "audioTracks=1'
I'm on my phone and away from my desk or I'd provide specifics and a log.

Now my first thought is that the problem relates to how I setup windows. So on my previous version of Windows I used my 1 terabyte hard drive to install windows, hold my user profile, and install all of my games. Currently because I'm using my solid state drive, I have windows on the SSD, my user profile and all of my games are located on a 3 terabyte drive. To relocate the user file I use registry editor to relocate the default user directory to the 3 terabyte drive.

The only thing I can think is that obs MP can't really see where my user profile is because of the altered registry. The config file does get updated but it doesn't add any audio tracks when I alter it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My next course of action is probably to put my user profile back on the SSD, I relocated it because the user file get so large and my SSD is only 120 gigabytes, and see if that works. Thanks again

GillyMoMo

In settings you need enable any other sound devices you might want to have recorded. OBS- MP has a number of tracks that you can add, you can also chose whether or not you want them to be 'listened' to upon recording.

Hope this helps.