Ongoing- once in a while- Audio issue (log attached)

SolidSoundGuy

Hello all,

I've been using obs for about 6 months now (I'm a live audio technician/engineer/guy). I like it..but.. every so often I get shafted with audio problems. Video is fine, but the audio goes all sputtery (meaning you get clicks, bits, .3 seconds of actual audio, back to sputtery, silence, clips, clicks and so on, kind of like if I had a gate on, and set it really high so that only specifically loud bits would get through) for the entire recording or stream. It comes and goes, but when it comes it stays for the entire stream. Restarting seems to solve it, which is a problem during a live stream of a funeral.

I can see in the audio input that I'm getting a nice strong signal (mostly in the yellow, sometimes touching red but by no means clipping), and today I even set up the monitor so I could hear what I thought obs was, and ensuring that the output was NOT muted. When I got home, the first half of the video had audio, but the second bit, when I added an additional audio source ( Behringer) just clipped and clipped and clipped (not clipped as in over gained, but as in the actually noise). Noted, this has happened before I started using the Behringer.

all devices are set at 48khz.
This is the video that was streamed (and also recorded on the pc)
at about -22:01 into the live stream you can get a first hand experience of the audio issue (perfect before tha, then as i switch scenes, BAM!). The recorded audio is exactly the same as this stream. The PC never went above 32% cpu usage, and while the stream did end prematurely (data cap) it was fine for about 20 mins after the audio issue started (steady 2800-3000, no lost frames).

Any insight would be helpful.

Attachments

• log for funeral.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 4

SolidSoundGuy

Update: The part of the stream where the issue starts is here (within 5 seconds):

In the log it is between 13:53 and 14:00 on the time stamp.

Hello all,

I've been using obs for about 6 months now (I'm a live audio technician/engineer/guy). I like it..but.. every so often I get shafted with audio problems. Video is fine, but the audio goes all sputtery (meaning you get clicks, bits, .3 seconds of actual audio, back to sputtery, silence, clips, clicks and so on, kind of like if I had a gate on, and set it really high so that only specifically loud bits would get through) for the entire recording or stream. It comes and goes, but when it comes it stays for the entire stream. Restarting seems to solve it, which is a problem during a live stream of a funeral.

I can see in the audio input that I'm getting a nice strong signal (mostly in the yellow, sometimes touching red but by no means clipping), and today I even set up the monitor so I could hear what I thought obs was, and ensuring that the output was NOT muted. When I got home, the first half of the video had audio, but the second bit, when I added an additional audio source ( Behringer) just clipped and clipped and clipped (not clipped as in over gained, but as in the actually noise). Noted, this has happened before I started using the Behringer.

all devices are set at 48khz.
This is the video that was streamed (and also recorded on the pc)
at about -22:01 into the live stream you can get a first hand experience of the audio issue (perfect before tha, then as i switch scenes, BAM!). The recorded audio is exactly the same as this stream. The PC never went above 32% cpu usage,

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having similar problems with pops and clicks in my live audio (Nuemann mic running through Behringer audio interface) - all of a sudden. Wondering if this could be due to do other software loaded recently (ivcam for a 2nd camera)... but the cpu is nowhere near peaked. Like 15% usage.