Question / Help On/off black screen with laptop and Cam Link with GH5

utbigrod

Hey all, need some help because OBS is driving me crazy. I've been streaming to YouTube with this setup:
-HP Windows Laptop
-Elgato CamLink 4K
-Panasonic GH5 camera
-Scarlett 2i2 USB audio

Sometimes when I connect to OBS using the Camlink it works first time, others it is a black screen (or sometimes green). I've always been able to make it work eventually through restarting computer, relaunching OBS, unplugging/replugging USB, turning camera on and off. You should be able to see what I've tried and had to do in my log file (I don't know how to read it.

But it's never the same combination that works and it's literally driving me insane. I read the post of black screen issues on a laptop and have changed my setting to integrated graphics and now screenshare works but it didn't fix the camera.

I just want a repeatable way to be able to make this work every time. I don't care if it's unplug 5 times spin left then touch my nose and launch OBS. Just as long as that works every time. Help!

Attachments

• 2020-04-19 21-05-07.txt
    19 KB · Views: 95

utbigrod

As and update I've been feverishly retrying and doing things to make this work and I have found a potential work around. If I restart the laptop then go straight to OBS it will work if everything is already plugged in. I'm attaching the log for reference. My hope obviously is that I wouldn't have to restart my computer every time I want to stream.

Attachments

• 2020-04-24 12-01-01.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 93