Question / Help Office 365 Powerpoint presentation

Fsouto

Dear,

I'm trying to prepare a webinar using the OBS but with no success. I open the Powerpoint, I put on my slides, I set them to be presented by one person (window), I put on the presentation mode, but when I check on OBS window capture, Microsoft Powerpoint does not appear. I also tried display capture, but nothing appears on the screen (gray screen).

Any idea to solve this problem? I'm using MacOS 10.15.4 and office 365.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-03-29 às 14.39.22.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-03-29 às 14.39.22.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Captura de Tela 2020-03-29 às 14.38.49.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-03-29 às 14.38.49.png
    735.6 KB · Views: 54

Poppy Don

I find the easiest way to incorporate Powerpoint is to save the PP presentation as JPG files, then rather than a Window Capture, I add an Image Slide Show, changing the slide mode to manual and adding hot keys to advance the slides. That way I don't have to leave the OBS window to advance the slides.

Cationiks

ouch so not great if you have animated gif or video embedded into powerpoint... I'm also struggling... trying to adapt my powerpoints to stream my lessons on twitch for my students... We are all in quarantine and they have to take an exam in July in order to be admitted as students at the Medical School. I'm trying to help them but I'm not used to streaming... I have to switch online from powerpoint to pdf files, to my browser, to an app reflecting my ipad on the screen... I'm really struggling with OBS... Students who are regular game streamers failed to help me...

Ayi

I really, really wanted to record my Presentation in OBS, but if my linked documents will not be captured in OBS, I may have to film separate videos - one with my webcam for my Video intro, and then the other, for the actual slide Presentation.

Lawrence_SoCal

Sorry, not a Mac user, but PowerPoint is a primary source for my stream (along with camera)
On the PC, I setup powerpoint to use a portrait vs landscape page orientation. Then I use Windowed Slide Show mode (vs Full screen)
I then use Window Capture in OBS (in Win10, I use the older capture method to avoid having a visible cursor)
Works great
I don't have to make PPT be the active window, I just a small portion of the Windowed Slide show be visible
Then I can hover mouse of that portion of the slide, and without bring App to foreground, use scroll wheel to advance the slide (I could use arrow keys or other, but scroll wheel works best for my use case)

Reactions: Ayi