Occasional Audio/Video offset on both OBS recording and Facebook live stream

glhoop

I'm new to OBS and been streaming our Sunday church services on Facebook for about 3 weeks and struggling with an audio/video offset (not in sync). Our service is composed of several pre-recorded videos of announcements, music and children's service and a live sermon by the pastor. The pre-recorded material is in sync but the live sermon is where i'm having problems with the audio being out of sync. I can perform a test broadcast and everything is in sync. BUT, on Sunday morning during the live broadcast, the stream and OBS recording both have out of sync audio/video. I have had one instance of just recording with OBS and had video/audio out of sync. In this case I reset the Elgato HD60S + and the delay was eliminated. I'm using a Dell G3 laptop with i7-9750H, GTX 1660 Ti graphics and Elgato HD60S+. (CPU is running about 10 to 15%) I have the stream setup for software encoding and the recording setup for hardware encoding. In almost all cases, when I have out of sync audio/video, the OBS log shows several hundred millseconds of audio buffering being added and it indicates that it was from the HD60S+. Any suggestions to help me eliminate the video and audio being out of sync? I've contacted Elgato but have not received anything useful yet.
Thanks!!

I've included the log file from this past Sunday. (I didn't notice any audio delay on the test broadcast. The actual service stream started at 11am in the log) The audio and video were out of sync on both the resulting live stream and the local recording.

Attachments

• 2020-06-21 09-51-04.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 1