OBS25 / Can't use Window Capture / It finds the windown but it does not show it - it only gives me a black screen.

Profe

Hello everyone!

I'm using Windows 7 on a laptop (Siragon). I want to record my webcam including sound and one of my window screens (Word).

I've used OBS in this laptop before and it all worked fine. . However, now Windows Capture is not working properly, it finds the window, but it will not show the window but rather a black screen. I have tried everything I know including the filters to crop to no avail. Some people have hinted thay maybe Windows 7 is not allowing screen recording, but where do I modify those settings in Windows 7?

Any ideas, other than trying to crop, would be welcome!
Thanks!

koala

Upgrade to Windows 10. The knowledge about Windows 7 specific stuff dwindles, and such system-dependent topic as screen or window capture might be different to Windows 10. Under Windows 10, Word can be captured with a new capture method introduced with Windows 10 1903 (which is not available to Windows 7). Without that capture method, it was only able to capture Word by deactivating hardware acceleration within the Word options. If hardware acceleration ever matters on Windows 7 - I don't know.

Profe

Thanks. Does that mean that I should try deactivating hardware acceleration from within word? I'll try it. I'll have to wait to see about Windows 10, all tech repair shops are closed these days. Thanks anyway!