OBS /Zoom / FB Live - Audio & Microphone monitoring

srjames9

Hi Guys .... I am stumped with the following and need help. It is probably really simple but I just can't seem to figure it out.

I have been able to
1. configure a microphone to stream live and monitor on headphones
2. create zoom output to OBS then to FB Live
3. OBS virtual camera to push what is being sent to stream such as video to zoom
But i am at a loss as to how to configure a microphone to send to zoom without it going into what is being streamed. Think of it as talking to guests on Zoom while a video is playing on the stream. And by the same token, how can I hear what people are saying in Zoom without it going to the live stream while a video is playing.

Any help on how I can accomplish this task ... would be awesome!

Thanks
Srjames

DCStrato

I did this for a live church service during the pandemic lock-down. I used a separate audio capture for Zoom in each scene so I could "choose" which scenes hear the zoom call. Turned all the built-in mic/aux inputs off. Using virtual cables from VB-audio (https://www.vb-audio.com), I chose the virtual cable as zooms monitor out, and then captured that virtual cable as an audio source in OBS. I just left it out of the video scenes. You can also bring up a stream monitor in a window, capture that with zoom and share it with zoom participants as a Shared Screen in zoom. Zoom also let me capture sound from the OBS monitor stream (originally ONLY as the default PC audio, but I think they have expanded on that limit recently). I will attach a diagram I sent to the folks at ZOOM to explain what I was doing so maybe they could help simplify things some. Good Luck!

Attachments

• Zoom Meeting Directed Live Stream-Recording.png
    Zoom Meeting Directed Live Stream-Recording.png
    865.8 KB · Views: 349