Question / Help OBS won't start alsa-input failed

dlaciv12

I was setting up a new scene with a new Logitech mic/headphones combo. I try to set the new headphones as audi input when OBS crashed. When I start from cmd line I get the following error:

error: alsa-input: Failed to open 'front:CARD=Headset,DEV=0': Device or resource busy
info: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 23 milliseconds
error: alsa-input: Failed to open '': Device or resource busy
obs: ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:117: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion `mutex->__data.__owner == 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled and finally did a purge/reinstall but I keep getting the same error. Full log uploaded if you meed more.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Attachments

• 2018-04-12 18-27-35.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 31

kurufu

Properly configure a software mixer if you are using Alsa. Or use pulse audio if you dont want delve into the nitty gritty of Alsa.

dlaciv12

Properly configure a software mixer if you are using Alsa. Or use pulse audio if you dont want delve into the nitty gritty of Alsa.
Everything was working fine before the crash so I'm I'm not sure what needs configuring? I'll give pulse a try.

yslan

I met the same issue here.
Trying to set the audio settings for the scene, then the OBS crashed and never being able to open again due to the same error message: alsa device busy.

Luckily, I manage to recover my
Code:
~/.config/obs-studio/basic/scenes/Untitled.json
to undo the settings, and OBS works like a charm again.