Bug Report OBS won't show audio input feedback or record

regalbuddies

I have been successfully testing and recording my USB microphone for two days, and suddenly it stopped working today, mid recording.

The microphone is brand new and is still working, and comes through on my headphones, but OBS won't display an audio volume feedback in the source list.
It shows the default audio, but now it won't add the USB mic. I just disappeared midway through a podcast.

OBS detects the microphone, as does the MacBook Pro, but it won't show audio or record it. I've restarted the Mac, and the program, and the microphone connection, and reinstalled OBS, and it still won't work. What am I missing?

Lof file: https://obsproject.com/logs/BBhdPyKrRsz3blbO

Image 14-4-19 at 4.16 pm.jpg

regalbuddies

SOLVED

I didn't know that you have to add every feature to every scene. I figured audio would carry across scenes. My mistake. Lesson learned. I've now added existing sources to other scenes so I can transition to camera and Photoshop work.

Narcogen

Audio carries over if you configure the devices in Settings > Audio.

If you add it as an explicit source in a scene, it is audible only in that scene.

You can copy references to devices from one scene to another. You can also embed one scene in another to copy all the sources it contains.