Question / Help OBS won't launch

Derek71

Installed latest OBS on Mac running latest Mojave. Click on icon, get a quick blank window flash then nothing have uninstalled and retried still will not launch. Can't access a log file

Narcogen

Is this your first install of OBS or not? Are you saying OBS quits without an error? Does it leave behind an app icon in the menu bar?

Derek71

Is this your first install of OBS or not? Are you saying OBS quits without an error? Does it leave behind an app icon in the menu bar?
Hi. I have tried uninstalling using CCleaner and reinstalling. No error appears. Icon appears for a moment in the task bar but immediately disappears leaving the screen as prior to attempted launch.

Narcogen

By "task bar" do you mean the menu bar at the top of the screen, or the Dock? I ask because the "minimize to system tray" configuration option behaves differently on MacOS then on Windows. On MacOS it behaves as you describe-- the screen appears briefly and disappears, the Dock icon no longer shows the application being open (and clicking it does nothing) while an app icon is added to the menu bar at the top of the screen, and clicking it will toggle the main window.

Derek71

Thanks Narcogen. I was not expecting to have to open the OBS window from the menu bar. It works fine fine from there.
Thanks again.

Narcogen

If you want to disable this behavior, go to Settings > General and under System Tray, uncheck "Minimize to system tray when started".