Question / Help OBS with Apple TV?

K!tten

Heya there!
Is it possible in any ways to use apple TV to capture game to OBS in any possible ways?
If I use my mac to play games, stream it via airplay to Apple TV and from Apple TV to pc, can I then stream the content with OBS?

amsyar ZeRo

@K!tten Welcome to the forums!

So,from my understanding,what you are trying to do is:

Mac -(Airplay)-> Apple TV -(Apple TV)-> PC

The answer?Sure,if the PC has OBS(obviously) & the Apple TV can output the video & audio to the PC,then you're all set!

Pablo F.

+1

It would be a great feature: an OBS app version for the Apple TV (tvOS), this way the Apple TV could be used as a capturing/streaming device itself.

TimSimpson

I just opened quicktime to record some audio off a mic and notice all my apple TVs on the lan popped up as sources in quicktime. Naturally I got distracted from what I was doing and set it up. The message "do you want to allow screen sharing" popped up on the apple tv... click yes ... (duh might be an appropriate button ;) ) and proceeded to record myself playing PS4 games.

so now I have a quicktime preview window showing the apple TV in all it's glory on the mac, I open OBS and a new source, choose window source, and pick quicktime movie recording ... and there it is, full screen in OBS.

quality .... I'll get back to ya on that one but it looks pretty good so far!