Question / Help OBS window/game capture just captures a still image

JillCrungus

Whenever I try to capture almost any game with window or game capture in OBS, it will only show a still image of whatever was occupying the region of the game's window when OBS first attempted to capture it:

6zodBzI.jpg

The only thing that will update in this state is that the cursor will show over the still image if it goes over the game's window region.

This issue is not exclusive to OBS. This also occurs with Discord's screenshare leading me to believe that there is something wrong with my setup that's stopping applications from capturing windows. I noticed that the image displayed by Discord and OBS will be shared if one of them has already "captured" an image as can be seen in that Discord screenshot where Discord's screenshare is seeing the same image that OBS previously captured when it first started trying to capture Half-Life.

This is a recent issue, the only thing that I can think of that changed is that I updated my NVidia drivers.

The only other mention of this issue that I could see on the forum is a post from 2018 that details the same issue but got no responses:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/problems-with-window-capture.76941/page-2#post-366973

This is driving me insane and I can't for the life of me figure out what the hell I did that caused it to break like this.

Log:
Log file