Question / Help OBS Voicemeeter plugin how-to-enable?

bhygate

Hiya!
Downloaded the VoiceMeeter plugin from Andersama's Github (https://github.com/Andersama/obs-studio/releases/tag/VMB_V.0.0.1) but I cant figure out how to use it!

I've put the files in the right place (I think) and it shows in the log as detecting my Voicemeeter install, where it gets tricky is the gif on the readme page shows an option for "audio stage" (set to "Voicemeeter Insert (input)" on the aforementioned gif) but I don't see any such option

Is there a checkbox somewhere to enable this function, or does it depend on another plugin to do this?

Tried following combos with no luck
OBS 22.0.2 (clean install) + OBS VoiceMeeter plugin + VoiceMeeter Potato (OBS log here: https://pastebin.com/sbgJdAGB)
OBS 22.0.2 (with old profile/scenes) + StreamDeck plugin + OBS VoiceMeeter plugin + VoiceMeeter Potato
OBS 22.0.2 (with old profile/scenes) + StreamDeck plugin + OBS VoiceMeeter plugin + VoiceMeeter Banana
OBS 22.0.2 (with old profile/scenes) + StreamDeck plugin + OBS VoiceMeeter plugin + VoiceMeeter (OG version)
OBS 21.0.2 (with old profile/scenes) + StreamDeck plugin + OBS VoiceMeeter plugin + VoiceMeeter Potato

clean install = running uninstaller, restarting, disabling streamdeck exe entirely, restarting again, deleting "%programfiles%\obs-studio" and "%appdata%\roaming\obs-studio", restarting again, install latest OBS studio + addon from github (using the zip version if that matters?), restart one last time, launch OBS and check audio properties

I've also checked in VM-P and clicking the A icon up top (what do these stand for anyways? just curious) brings up a dialog that says
Connected client applications to VB-Audio callback:
INPUT INSERT: obs-voicemeeter
BUS INSERT: obs-voicemeeter
MAIN STREAM: obs-voicemeeter

I'm like 99% sure they're interacting behind the scenes but I just can't get it to show a UI like the gif... Any help is much appreciated!

bhygate

Got it!
It doesn't add it as a global audio device, it has to be added through scenes!

Ignore me, I'll just show myself out...

tavon

Thank you for this thread. I was struggling with the same issue and you helped me figure out how to add voicemeeter as a mix.