Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Fenrir submitted a new resource:

OBS Virtualcam - Virtual camera plugin for OBS Studio

This plugin provides a DirectShow Output as a virtual webcam.

How to use:
Preview Output:
1. Select Tools -> VirtualCam in the main OBS Studio window
2. Press the Start button, then close the dialog
3. Open your program (Zoom, Hangouts, Skype, etc.) and choose OBS-Camera as your webcam

Source Filter:
1. Add a VirtualCam filter to the source you want to output to the virtual camera
2. Choose a camera target then...

Read more about this resource...

Bassquake

Nice but it still only outputs 1920x1080. Doesn't matter what I have set in Settings > Video.

I'm aware of this:
If you open OBS and Start Virtual Output before using your 3rd party software, the virtual webcam will set the obs setting as a default setting .Otherwise the default setting of virtual webcam will be 1920x1080 @ 30fps
But doesn't make a difference.

Using OBS 25.0.8 64 bit with Windows 10 1903.

Knug

Had older version of OBS. Uninstalled it to install ver 25 today. ran it, closed it. installed the virtual cam plug in successfully, but OBS doesn't show the virtual cam in tools. Other software can see the OBS camera as a input source (albeit showing grey atm), so the cam seems to have installed, but OBS won't show the option in the drop down menu

JeroUK

Ditto Post with minor bonus information:

Running OBS 25.0.8 (64 Bit) on Win 10
Following install there's no VirtualCam entry in the Tools menu.
Zoom *can* see an 'OBS-Camera', but obviously it's a null feed as there's nothing coming from OBS.
Tried:
Restart and re-install.

HTH

J

aiyangar

Running OBS 25.0.8 (64 Bit) on Win 10
Following install there's no VirtualCam entry in the Tools menu.

Also tried re-install and restart but with no success

JeroUK

Anyone who is having issues seeing the VirtualCam option in your tools menu, please post a log file from OBS.

Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log and paste the link here.
I've been doing some recording since attempting the VirtualCam - let me know if you need some "fresh Attempts" etc.
Got nothin' else on, so happy to help! :-D

Edit:

Log confirms:

15:21:35.771: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll': The specified module could not be found.
15:21:35.771: (126)
15:21:35.771: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll' not loaded

I can see that .dll file and obs-virtualoutput.pdb in the obs-plugins folder.

HTH

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I've been doing some recording since attempting the VirtualCam - let me know if you need some "fresh Attempts" etc.
Got nothin' else on, so happy to help! :-D

Edit:

Log confirms:

15:21:35.771: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll': The specified module could not be found.
15:21:35.771: (126)
15:21:35.771: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll' not loaded

Very strange, it's possible you might need to reinstall the Microsoft C++ redistributable package, or be on an older version. Try installing this (with OBS closed) and see if it shows up after installing: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Thanks for confirming, we've nailed down why this happens. MS enabled a new flag that is only available in the 2019 version (even thought versions 2015+ are all supposed to work together...). I'll get a new build up that has this disabled, but anyone having issues with it showing up in the tools menu, please install the VC Redist x64 package linked above to resolve it in the meantime.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Nice but it still only outputs 1920x1080. Doesn't matter what I have set in Settings > Video.

I'm aware of this:

But doesn't make a difference.

Using OBS 25.0.8 64 bit with Windows 10 1903.

I've confirmed this behavior on the old version of the plugin as well. Unfortunately, since I am only able to rebuild the installer and deploy portion of this plugin, I am not sure that I can fix this. I will take a look if I have time though.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The installer has now been updated to work with older versions of the VS redistributable (i.e the one that OBS itself will require on install).

If anyone has any further issues with the updated installer, please let me know!

freezzer83

NOT WORKING
WINDOWS 7
error.jpg

Fenrir

Forum Admin
If I just installed the version from last week and it is working, is there any reason to install this??

If you are not having issues, then no you should be fine to keep using that version. There are a lot of dependency issues with version 2.0.4 that were causing OBS to crash on startup for many people, which is why I put together this version. If you did not hit one of those issues, you should be fine.