Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

TonySnark

I did all that previously but I can never get the OBS Virtual Camera to show up in powerpoint (see screenshots...I'm running windows 10 on a Mac). It appears that when OBS is running, it gets an exclusive "lock" on the built in camera (Facetime HD in this case) OBS Virtual camera is not available in powerpoint nor is the Facetime camera anymore (see screenshots), just two other virtual cameras from other apps which do show up for some reason. OBS Virtual Camera is also not available to other apps (at least in windows...on the Mac OS OBS Virtual Camera is available, but unfortunately Powerpoint slideshow video capture is not enabled on the Mac, only audio).

View attachment 66316View attachment 66317
anyone know how to use virtualcam as input in snap camera?
because, obs-virtualcam output is not detected at all in the snap cam.
I have this same issue. There is nothing in Power Point settings to be done. Getting this to work would be ACE!
having similar issues of installing but it not showing up at all.
Bro, did you finded the fix ? I have the same issue.
Did any of you figure this out? I'm having the same issue. VirtalCam shows up and functions within OBS, but the virtual cameras do not actually appear in any other programs or in Device Manager.

jordanvanbergen

I use Whatsapp desktop version under windows 10 with the latest OBS version + OBS-virtualcam latest version. OBS Camera does show in Microsoft Teams for example but it's not selectable (does not show) on the Whatsapp Desktop version. Other webcams in the system are selectable and working.

Any suggestion on how to make it work using Whatsapp Desktop which let you do video calls with webcams?

Doda

Is there an uninstaller for this plugin? I have deleted the files, but still have the virtuel cams in Zoom, Skype and so on. How can I delete them? :)

daxliniere

Hey team! Is this plugin still necessary now that OBS has a native streaming driver? Any advantages for either system?
I didn't notice anything when I tested both on my Win8.1 system.

Thanks and all the best,
Dax.

daxliniere

Is there an uninstaller for this plugin? I have deleted the files, but still have the virtuel cams in Zoom, Skype and so on. How can I delete them? :)
Hey Doda, I think it may be possible by searching through your Windows' registry. Let me check.
Because it's a virtual camera, it's not listed in Device Manager under Imaging Devices, where physical cameras are listed.

daxliniere

Okay, I opened Reg Edit (Start->Run->regedit.exe) and did a search for OBS-camera
I came up with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{27B05C2D-93DC-474A-A5DA-9BBA34CB2A9C} but the characters in the curly braces might be different on your system. You can delete this key (just the {xyz} 'folder' on the left, but not 'CLSID' (that will kill your system).

I did another search and got HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{860BB310-5D01-11d0-BD3B-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{27B05C2D-93DC-474A-A5DA-9BBA34CB2A9C}. You can delete that key, too, but not 'Instance' (that will kill all of your camera devices).

You'll probably have to restart Windows in order for them to disappear from the list.

Hope that helps!
Dax.

MX4K

My OBS is crashing every time I try to start Virtualcamera.
Can I provide some addition informations?

Attachments

• 1.txt
    49.8 KB · Views: 49

lifewithmatthew

I've been having an issue where I get a random loss of the video feed for the virtual cam. I have added it as a filter to a scene and am outputting it to obs-camera2, video will be going fine then it will just drop out leaving a grey screen for a few frames. Any idea what could be causing this?

osbitous

Hi all,
Virtual cam is working fine. However, any chance in connect spotify music in to the virtual cam using OBS? I've tried sources audio in/output and nothing happen - also VB cable (not working). Any thoughts?

osbitous

Hi all,
Virtual cam is working fine. However, any chance in connect spotify music in to the virtual cam using OBS? I've tried sources audio in/output and nothing happen - also VB cable (not working). Any thoughts?

This video help me a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STSCZ0bBf-4 and then I've tried to fix some issues and it is working fine. But desktop áudio (spotify) loss sound quality on Zoom meeting.

In sum

Source spotify audio (OBS)
PROPRIETIES' (spotity source): defautl
Add Audio filter: CABLE INPUT (VB virtual cable) - select MUTE (linked to source muting) for using audio mixer on OBS

MIC
PROPRIETIES' (mic source): defautl (or your mic)
Add Audio filter: CABLE INPUT (VB virtual cable) - select MUTE (linked to source muting) for using audio mixer on OBS

ZOOM
Audio microfone: VC cable OUTPUT
Video camera: OBS camera
keep microfone OPEN (otherwise you cannot transmit)

Last edited:

osbitous

Hi all,

This video help me a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STSCZ0bBf-4 and then I've tried to fix some issues and it is working fine. But desktop áudio (spotify) loss sound quality on Zoom meeting.

In sum

Source spotify audio (OBS)
OBS SOURCES: SELECT AUDIO OUTPUT CAPTURE
PROPRIETIES' (spotity source): defautl

MIC
OBS SOURCES: SELECT AUDIO INPUT CAPTURE
PROPRIETIES' (mic source): defautl (or your mic)

ZOOM (see ZOOM preferences)
Audio microfone: Cable OUTPUT (VB virtual cable)
Video camera: OBS camera
keep microfone OPEN (otherwise won't work)

x2xalfax

No Virtual Cam on OBS Studio. I run Mac with OS X v. 10.11.6 and OBS Studio v. 24.0.2 –modified (Mac). Need the Plug–in, please.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-04-02 a las 18.23.15.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-04-02 a las 18.23.15.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 74

Ninpodeshi

Fenrir submitted a new resource:

OBS Virtualcam - Virtual camera plugin for OBS Studio

Read more about this resource...
Could anyone, PLEASE, tell me how to get rid of this program? I don't recall downloading this add-on, but it has prevented my camera from working with Google Meet for the last 3 or so months. I've spent hours and hours trying to fix this problem. I've even uninstalled OBS and deleted any registry entries I could find, but nothing works. This program is interfering with my ability to work. Please help me get rid of it.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
This plugin was superseded by a built-in version that ships with OBS. Assuming you're on Windows, you can uninstall it by running the batch file located (by default, adjust if you have a different installation directory) in:

C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\win-dshow

Please note that this batch file (virtualcam-uninstall.bat) must be run as administrator.

As an aside, you can just change the camera that Google Meet selects by default by adjusting your browser settings.

Hope this helps.

Ninpodeshi

I tried, again, to adjust my browser settings, and it made no difference. Thank you for providing the batch file. I was able to remove the plugin, but my webcam still does not work!

This all began when I updated OBS a few months ago. I never thought it was this program causing the problems, but, again, I still cannot use my webcam. I am now at a point where any further solution attempts will require registry edits, which I really do not want to tamper with. Why was this plugin ever published?

I do appreciate your help. Thank you.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
This plugin really has nothing to do with the built-in virtual camera support shipped with OBS. However, as to "why it was published" is because tens of thousands of people want to use it, and have been. It is not causing issues for them, it sounds like you have something specific to your environment causing problems. If you've removed the virtualcam using the batch file, then it is no longer installed, loaded, or interacting with your system in any way. Your webcam still not working is unrelated to our virtualcamera. I understand that you are frustrated and looking for something to blame, but if this has been fully uninstalled then there is not much else we can do from our side.

Mellomental

Hi guys,
i hope that i'm not too late here. I'm still not able to see VirtualCam in the Tools menu.

I got a 64x Windows 10 PC, OBS 26.1.1, VirtuaCam 2.0.5. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall both, and also tried with the Microsoft C++ redistributable package suggested by @Fenrir but nothing seems to help me.

Any other tip about?

Thank you