Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

TomasTrain

Hello All,
I was about to install obs-virtualcam-2.0.5-Windows-installer.exe and ran a scan on virustotal, results show Trojan.AvsIgent.bS1qRU. Can anyone confirm this new version is virus free. Thank you in advance!

SIR WAS GOING TO INSTALL TOO AND SEING SAME..... VIRUSUS!!!! AM GOING TO HLD OFF INSTALLING

JackBlack

SIR WAS GOING TO INSTALL TOO AND SEING SAME..... VIRUSUS!!!! AM GOING TO HLD OFF INSTALLING
Hello Thomas,
Nice to meet you. This could be a false positive, but I defer to the experts on this forum. I too would like to install and test this plugin, but it would benefit us to be cautious and not install it. Please let me know if you find any further information.

-JTB

TomasTrain

Hello Thomas,
Nice to meet you. This could be a false positive, but I defer to the experts on this forum. I too would like to install and test this plugin, but it would benefit us to be cautious and not install it. Please let me know if you find any further information.

-JTB
YES NOT INSTALLING VIRUS!!!!

WKarl

I'm pretty sure this is a false positive. 2 out of 72 scanners say virus.

New topic:

This is a very nice plugin, it seems very useful to me. BUT: It doesn't provide the OBS audio output as a microphone or audio source. Or am I missing something?

It would of course be very useful to use the OBS audio because maybe you want to show a local video recording to your web conference.

Sorry if it has been asked before.

tycorp

Anyway to fix the virtualcam output delay?
it is set to 0 but the output is not in sync still feels like 1-2 frames

I test using zoom and when using virtualcam there slight delay. no delay with other virtual cam light logicapture.
frame rates and resolution changes make no different.

sysi0

Is there any way to change camera name? e.g. "OBS-Camera" -> "My camera". I have reasons to change that ;)

bogorad

Is there a way to get a callback or a win10 event when someone connects/disconnects from virtualcam? I want to provide power to my DSLR only when an app needs the picture. Thanks!

kathorn

for BlackCanary, necrovamp, and anyone else having the crashing/bsod issue. I was experiencing it, too. It went away when i disabled my laptop's integrated camera. This is certainly not a fix, barely a workaround. Worked for me as I am using external cameras anyway. OBS 25.0.8, virtualcam 2.0.5, on a Lenovo Yoga 11e running windows 10 home edition.

Backseat Nick

this works nicely and looks good on my system but zoom is sending it out at 640x360 even thought my output settings are 1080 in obs. Any ideas why this might be happening. I did turn on HD in Zoom and in the zoom pro account settings.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
For anyone currently having issues with this plugin, I just wanted to jump in and update that any bugs/issues will likely not be addressed, as this plugin is being replaced with a rewritten version that will be included with OBS in v26. Thank you for your patience during this short inconvenience.

robert0063

What is the resolution of VirtualCam? My virtualcam output appears low resolution. Is there a way to increase the resolution.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The output should match what is set in Settings -> Video for output resolution. There is an unknown condition that causes it to be set to something very small, but I don't know why, and this plugin will be deprecated as of OBS v26, which should be releasing soon.

Tricky8496

I can not get the installer to run at all:
1598000334178.png

What does this mean and how can I fix?

mw0uzo

The 2.0.5 Windows Installer release is broken for 32 bit machines, on my Windows 7 32bit the 64 bit binaries get installed.
To get things working again, download the zip release and manually copy in the folders and files into the obs program files directory.

CodeYan

For anyone currently having issues with this plugin, I just wanted to jump in and update that any bugs/issues will likely not be addressed, as this plugin is being replaced with a rewritten version that will be included with OBS in v26. Thank you for your patience during this short inconvenience.
Fenrir, will the replacement also support multiple virtual cameras? I use 2 of them most of the time (one for the output, one for a specific scene.