OBS VirtualCam Plugin not showing up as a camera source (2)

KindredChord

Someone else posted with this same subject, but I must have a different issue.

Win10 machine, using OBS 25.0.8 64-bit. I installed VirtualCam, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

When I start the cam, I don't get any error messages or anything, but the windows camera app tells me that "another app is using the camera already", and won't display anything, and the cam doesn't show as a video source in obs (which isn't what I want to use it for, but seems relevant).

I'm new to using obs, and first post in these forums, so I'm not sure what logs you'd want or whatnot.

KindredChord

Still not working. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the program more. I've attached my log file.

The cam gives every indication that it's working, but I can't find it anywhere.

I see some errors in the log, but I don't know whether they're relevant. Specifically:
15:36:25.396: [AMF] The detected AMF runtime is too old, please update your drivers.
15:36:25.396: [AMF] AMF Runtime is outdated.
15:36:25.458: [AMF] AMF Test failed due to one or more errors.
15:36:25.458: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'

I had a different error there at first - that it couldn't find amfrt64.dll, I think it was called. So, I found a copy of that and put it in obs's folder. Now I have these errors. But, I don't know if it's relelvant to my problem, or how to fix it. I don't know if I even HAVE an AMD thingy on my computer.

Any help would be lovely.

Attachments

• 2020-08-30 15-36-24.txt
    6 KB · Views: 12

G0MJW

Still not working. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the program more. I've attached my log file.

The cam gives every indication that it's working, but I can't find it anywhere.

I see some errors in the log, but I don't know whether they're relevant. Specifically:
15:36:25.396: [AMF] The detected AMF runtime is too old, please update your drivers.
15:36:25.396: [AMF] AMF Runtime is outdated.
15:36:25.458: [AMF] AMF Test failed due to one or more errors.
15:36:25.458: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'

I had a different error there at first - that it couldn't find amfrt64.dll, I think it was called. So, I found a copy of that and put it in obs's folder. Now I have these errors. But, I don't know if it's relelvant to my problem, or how to fix it. I don't know if I even HAVE an AMD thingy on my computer.

Any help would be lovely.
Same problem here after trying on an older 32 bit machine with a fresh install of Windows. First off the installer installs it in the 64 bit path. Once you use the download it works OK, no errors but no camera registered. I suspect it is only 64 bit compatible.

KindredChord

i dont really understand 32/64 bit. I’m using 64, but i dont know if I SHOULD be.

HOWEVER, update for my case:

I discovered that virtualcam was working on Skype, installed Zoom, and found that the camera was working there, too.

so I just thought virtualcam was “broken“ because:
1) i wasnt trying virtualcam in apps that it works with.
2) windows 10 itself doesnt like opening virtualcam in its camera app

Same problem here after trying on an older 32 bit machine with a fresh install of Windows. First off the installer installs it in the 64 bit path. Once you use the download it works OK, no errors but no camera registered. I suspect it is only 64 bit compatible.