OBS Virtual Camera as Input for recording in powerpoint

schubiduah

Hi,
I would like to use "OBS Virtual Camera" as Input for recording a presentation in powerpoint. My problem is: I cannot select "OBS Virtual Camera" in MS Powerpoint "record slide show" menu, I can only see/select the hardware webcams there. In contrast, e.g. in the ZOOM videoconferencing software I can select obs virtual camera input.
Is there a way to get powerpoint to accept the obs virtual camera as input?

Thanks in advance,
best regards
M

PS I now I could record powerpoint input in obs as mp4, but I would lose powerpoint editing of the slides.

wpgoetha

Hi, I was able to window grab OBS using e2esoft Wecam. That Wecam option was shown in powerpoint cameo. The powerpoint slideshow should remain active for the cameo to keep updating. I wanted to use it for integrating any window in powerpoint (e.g. ImageJ -> OBS -> Wecam -> Powerpoint cameo), but when I work in that ImageJ source window, the powerpoint becomes inactive and the cameo doesn't update anymore. If all you want is a filtered webcam, this option will work.
For my issue, I am thinking of having a presenter laptop remote access to a work laptop where I can operate the source window.
The other option is to use OBS to combine the powerpoint presentation and the plugins using multiple scenes depending manually on the powerpoint slide.