Question / Help OBS unable to open after updating to 0.12.3

mogwai1138

Hello all, I've been having issues when I update to the latest version of OBS multiplatform. Didn't have any issues before but now they're surfacing.

So what happens is that OBS won't open at all, it "quits unexpectedly" before the program itself opens. I've uninstalled then reinstalled only to run into the same issues. I'll post the link to the crash report.

http://pastebin.com/ZU6dWiHA

ozirpol1996

I also have same problem as a friend at the top. The same uninstalled OBS and does not work. I do not know what to do....

Please help us ;-;

Last edited:

kitcatbass

It won't even let me report a crash log. We really need a solution because OBS Multiplatform is completely unusable.

I've attached what came up after the program borked.

Attachments

• obscrash.txt
    76.2 KB · Views: 24

The Stove

I wish I had read this before updating just now.. I have the same error that kitcatbass posted. Does anyone know of a way to downgrade to the previous Multiplatform version?

EDIT: I have tried a few more things to see if I can fix this problem which included manually installing a new copy of OBS and failed. Still getting the same crash report that everyone here has.

The Stove

It took me a minute to figure out how to uninstall the browser plugin, but it looks like the plugin is what was causing the crash on my part. If you don't know how to uninstall the plugin, all you need to do is run the installer for the plugin and a second file should be available to run which is the uninstaller. Thanks Harold!

mogwai1138

I'm going to wait until that issue is fixed, the reason I use OBS is because of the browser plugins and all that I can put in in it: overlays, alerts etc.