OBS to ZOOM

Have you search this forum ?
In short, for Mac you need some sort of virtual sound card / cable (SoundFlower / Blackhole / Virtual Cable / etc) to receive audio from OBD and send to Zoom.

willsie01

Watch this:
New to OBS and trying to set it up on my MacBook. Followed the YouTube tutorial but I can't complete one step because when I right click on the NDI Virtual Input Icon I don't get the option to send it to the OBS Stream as described. Perhaps the procedure has changed since the video was made. I'm stuck!

• Launch NDI Virtual Input
  • Launch OBS
  • Add your Video Capture Device (your camera) to a scene
  • Add your Audio Input Capture (your mic, or your camera's mic) to the same scene (BTW, make sure you don't have any global audio devices enabled in the OBS prefs)
  • In NDI Virtual Input your mac.local (OBS)
  • In Zoom preferences select NDI Video as your camera and NDI Audio as your mic.

willsie01

Thank you for the reply.
I had already carried out a few items on your list. The ones I hadn't I've commented on below as
  • Add your Video Capture Device (your camera) to a scene Done
  • Add your Audio Input Capture (your mic, or your camera's mic) to the same scene (BTW, make sure you don't have any global audio devices enabled in the OBS prefs) Done...and should the properties of the Audio Input Capture added to the scene be NDI Audio?
  • In NDI Virtual Input your mac.local (OBS) Can't do this. I have the NDI Virtual Input Icon in the sytem bar but right clicking only brings up choices of Show All Windows; Show; & Quit. No option launches a field I can make any input.

No, I don't think properties of the audio input should be NDI, but rather just the same as the device.
Hmm...I don't know why you're not seeing any choices in NDI. Sorry. Reinstall NDI?

BTW, on my system a right click isn't required, just a click. But I doubt that that's the issue.

You could try asking over at the NDI forums.

Last edited:

willsie01

No, I don't think properties of the audio input should be NDI, but rather just the same as the device.
Hmm...I don't know why you're not seeing any choices in NDI. Sorry. Reinstall NDI?

BTW, on my system a right click isn't required, just a click. But I doubt that that's the issue.

You could try asking over at the NDI forums.

Thanks again.
Schoolboy error: the NDI choices were accessible via Menu bar at the top of my Mac screen! I keep trying to find it the way it was demoed in YT. Ignoring the obvious.