OBS to FB Live keeps on disconnecting

bad3ip420

so this has been a constant headache of mine where OBS just can't seem to hook with Facebook once I press the Create Live button. It rarely connects without problems and the page keeps on saying waiting for live video.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2070 Super
Ethernet @ 35Mbps/5-10 ms ping

I am so lost. I've tried everything in the tutorial with regards to dropped/skipped frames, antivirus disable, new net code, bitrates, encoders, tcp, dynamic bitrate, permanent keys, etc but nothing seem to work. Can anyone help me or put me out of my misery? Thanks!

Edit: This issue rarely happens on Twitch but I can only stream on FB since my audience is there.

Attachments

• log file.txt
    64.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a newbie, so take that into account
Your PC seems more than up to the task. Log (to me, and I'm even newer to looking at logs) looks like Facebook is rejecting your connection. So I suspect NOT an OBS issue

Have you followed Facebook's recommended settings? I
- use to use persistent encoding key, but that is a security issue, so now use new key every stream
- OBS Output -> Streaming
Rescale Output checked 1280x720p (base canvas is 1080p that way I can record locally at 1080p)
rate control = CBR, bitrate 4500, keyframe = 2, Preset = Quality, Profile =high, Max B-frames =2
Audio bitrate 128
In Facebook I use /live/Producer and schedule from there (beware of FB rules on streaming ahead of scheduled time). There is an option for test streaming. I can see video preview as well (usually, lots of FB bugs, and sometimes have to refresh browser window). I also disable the default of ending live stream on disconnect (as I had regular couple second stream interruptions when I started)
In FB's /Live/Producer, I copy stream key, copy into OBS Stream settings for Facebook live, and don't have any issues

Last edited: