OBS Studio Virtual Camera update showing poor quality with Zoom recordings.

Pokerpad

Hello, I have just downloaded the OBS Studio release from about October 6th 2020. The Virtual Camera is now part of the software for Windows. No more plugin. Ok, got that. I need HD quality recording of two individuals (Myself and someone else) in different locations teaching an hour long course. No streaming and no audience (live or online). The final edited piece will be distributed later. We need to do it at the same time for spontaneity but can't be together because of Covid. Recording one of us, then the other isn't going to work. Zoom seems to have changed the available recording quality options during Covid since they are swamped with users. Apparently you need the business level accounts to turn on HD for the near future. My paid Pro account doesn't qualify. No comment on that, it's another topic. Since I want individual recordings for later editing anyway, I want to use OBS Studio with the Virtual Camera to record the training while actually using Zoom to keep the spontaneity. In the first tests the image quality is pretty bad but only when the Virtual Camera is turned on. If I record only with OBS the recording quality is as expected. (higher quality settings seem to be selected correctly).

I'm running Windows 10 on a 5 year old Dell Latitude laptop. Any suggestions or better ideas? Better Virtual Camera settings? Is the Hardware too old? Other? Thanks in advance to anyone who is still reading!